Location: Ivory’s Rock S.E. QLD
Dates: February 15 – 18
Although Earth Frequency Festival is a once a year event, and in some ways a transient moment in people’s lives, we like to think that what keeps this event filled with good vibes and a peaceful atmosphere is an underlying sense of community. We are not just strangers coming together for entertainment. We are a group of connected friends and family, working together to create a beautiful shared experience. As a community, we do have an ongoing responsibility to ourselves and to our local area to maintain a high level of integrity and positive behaviour, and so we want to share with you what we consider to be the core values of Earth Frequency Festival.
- The Upbeats
- Sonic Species
- Luigi Madonna
- Dub Fx
- Desert Dwellers
- Kalya Scintilla
- DJ Selecta
- Fábio Leal
- Eve Olution
- Jossie Telch
- Marvel Years
- Birds Of Paradise
- kLL sMTH
- Ben Coda
- Paul Abad
- Thankyou City
- Jesse Kuch
- Liquid Bloom
- The Librarian
- Mood Swing & Chevy Bass
- DJ Skurge
- Deya Dova
- Christian Kerr
- Birrang Miil
Earth Frequency is a 4 day festival in the lush setting of the S.E.QLD Hinterland, and camping is a key aspect of the festival. General Camping is included in the price of your festival ticket for the entire festival timeframe, and there are some camping upgrade options also available.
Please remember, Earth Frequency Festival is a Leave No Trace event and we expect all campers to play their part in minimising waste, leaving a clean campsite, and taking their campsite rubbish home. Our sustainability team will be providing bags for waste and separarating recyclables, and you can read more about our approach to sustainability here.
Your festival ticket includes camping in the General Camping campsite for the duration of the festival. For general camping, you may arrive from 9am Friday 15th February and you must leave the festival venue by midday Tuesday 19th February.
We are happy to once again offer Deluxe Camping for EFF2019. Deluxe Camping is a camping upgrade option which includes arrival one day early, access to power (conditional on safe site and weather conditions), close access to an amenties block, and the Deluxe Campsites are the closest camp sites to the festival’s entertainment area (may not suit those who want quiet campsites).
Small Plot – $150+bf
The Small Deluxe Camping Plots are approximately 35m2 and range from 6m x 6m to 7m x 5m. Purchasing one small deluxe camping plot enables access to the deluxe camping plot for one car and its occupants.
Medium Plot – $200+bf
The Medium Deluxe Camping Plots are approximately 70m2 and range from 12m x 6m to 14m x 5m. Purchasing one medium deluxe camping plot enables access to the deluxe camping plot for one car and its occupants.
Large Plot – $250+bf
The Large Deluxe Camping Plots are approximately 100m2 and range from 10m x 10m to 12m x 8m. Purchasing one large deluxe camping plot enables access to the deluxe camping plot for two cars and their occupants.
- Deluxe Camping is a camping upgrade option only.
- A festival ticket per person is required to enter the festival.
- A vehicle pass is required per vehicle to enter the festival venue.
- Venue access for deluxe camping begins from Thursday 14th February 9am.
- You must leave the festival venue by midday Tuesday 20th February.
Please read these guidelines before heading out to the festival!
These festival guidelines are important and they are put in place to make sure everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend.
In short ..
No Dogs, No Glass, No illicit substances, No exceptions!
Please care for and respect the beautiful environment we are able to hold this event in.
We are all gathering to share a beautiful creative community space and following these simple guidelines will help make this possible.
- No Pets – especially dogs.
- No Glass or Excessive amounts of Alcohol.
- No Illegal Substances.
- No Anti-Social Behavior.
- No loud or offensive music at anytime in campgrounds.
- Generators and Sound Systems are not allowed in the festival campgrounds.
- Small iPod docks in campsites are permitted, providing that you are considerate of your neighbours.
- If you have a small iPod dock and you recieve a request from the EFF team to turn it down or off, you must comply.
- No Fires or Fireworks – Total Fire Ban in the camp sites.
- No quad bikes or mini bikes.
- No Camping under the trees.
- You must wear your wristband at all times, do not tamper with it. If it is damaged, head to the info tent for a replacement.
- The use of CB radios is permitted, however channels 13-28 are reserved for event operations. Please do not communicate on these channels.
What To Bring
- Drinking water & refill container
- Hat, Sunscreen & Sunglasses
- Warm & spare clothes
- Good shoes for wearing at night
- Gumboots if it looks like it is going to be wet
- Camping equipment, tent & sleeping bag, plus tarps and poles for shade
- Portable ashtray & bags for rubbish
- For some extra tips on an enjoyable weekend, check out our camping page.
Conditions Of Entry
This is an outdoor festival in a natural environment. There are certain risks associated with these activities and by attending you agree to accept full responsibility for yourself and your actions. Management reserve the right to refuse entry & unsociable behaviour will not be tolerated. The Festival rules listed above are conditions of entry and failure to observe these rules may result in eviction from the festival.
- Car Searches – All cars entering the property will be inspected for compliance with our alcohol policy. This is a condition of entry to the event.
- No glass – this will be strictly enforced this year, so cartons of beer in glass, etc. will be confiscated by security at the Front Gate and on the event site. If you bring beer, get cans! Food in glass containers must be kept at your campsite. This is for all of our safety, there are families, young people about and barefoot people on the dance floor.
- No excessive amounts of alcohol – We consider a reasonable amount of alcohol for one person over a 4 day period to be up to one carton of cans or one bottle of spirits. Binge Drinking is anti-social and not accepted at Earth Frequency.If any person brings excessive amounts of alcohol they may be confiscated by our security.
- No anti-social behaviour – Earth Frequency Festival is a family and community oriented event. Please drink responsibly and conduct yourself socially. Any anti-social behaviour will be dealt with by our security staff and may lead to eviction from the festival.
Gas Cooker Policy
Gas Cookers are permitted for outdoor use. Do not use gas cookers in your tent! If fire safety conditions change and this policy changes, you will be infomed upon entry to the festival.
Please drive safely and responsibly to the festival. Road safety is a big priority so make sure you are well rested and drive safely. Please pay attention to the following guidelines
- Make sure you have slept enough before doing the drive.
- Do not drive under the influence of alcohol or any other substances
- Expect RBT’s and/or Drug Swab Testing going in to and out of the festival. The local police have staged these in previous years and we expect this to happen again. This is in the interests of public road safety for both the event and the local community and we can’t stress enough how important it is to make sure you are well rested and sober before driving to/from the festival.
- In 2019 we will be continuing to offer a drink and drug testing service from Blow Me First which will be available at all times near the main First Aid tent, and at the festival exit on Monday and Tuesday. If you are in doubt, please utilise this service and save yourself the risk.
Unfortunately there are some people who choose to sneak in to the festival to avoid paying or contributing. This is unfair to everyone and damages the festival. For those who have a genuine problem with affording an entry ticket we encourage you to pursue volunteer work opportunities, or consider our cheaper tickets early in the year. To discourage this behavior further, not only will the person found be refused entry – but all the passengers in the car will be banned as well for being accessories and no ticket refunds will be issued. Don’t do it!
Family Friendly Event
- Earth Frequency Festival is a family friendly event.
- Children under 14 years old are free and anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- There will be a family camping area located within the festival.
- Check out the kids space for fun activities for children with their families each day.
- Check the website before leaving for the event for any final updates and information.
- Make use of local businesses and facilities – This helps create positive flow on from the festival to the local community.
- Introduce yourself to your neighbours camped next to you and look out for each others belongings.
- Don’t bring unnecessary valuables. Its a good idea to just bring what you really need and anything valuable should be something you can keep on your person at all times. The festival can not take responsibility for your personal belongings.
- If you see a theft-taking place please alert a member of the security staff or report it to the information tent.
- Look after your friends and others. If someone looks like they need help, offer it.
- Remember to drink enough water – dehydration can occur even on warm overcast days.
- Drive safely at all times, a 10km/h speed limit applies to the entire festival area.
- Familiarise yourself with the festival area when you arrive, take note of the location of First Aid, water, toilets and the info tent.
- Be considerate of people’s privacy when using camera equipment.