Mushroom Valley is more then just a party – it’s a community, a place where you can grow, learn and connect with other like minded people. A place where you can come and be revitalised and re-energised to go out and take on the “real” world. There are plenty of workshops for the young and old in the healing village as well as massage and reiki.
Over the weekend the music will range through many genres. On the friday night it will be a funk, glitch and drum and bass session then saturday night your more traditional techno, progressive and psytrance, with diversity over the weekend being the main flavour.
There are a few things we at Mushroom Valley Productions are extremely passionate about. One thing is providing a safe and respectful environment for the whole family from young to old. Another big one is LEAVE NO TRACE.
Each year we get better and better and so do you, so lets make this year even more amazing by doing a few simple things:
- Think about what it is you are bringing to Mushroom Valley this year, and remember you have to take it ALL home with you. So REDUCE YOUR WASTE
- Have seperate buckets or bags in your own camps for compost/cans,recyclables/plastics. Mixing your food waste with the rest of your garbage is messy and creates evil gases that are destroying the planet!
- Bring plenty of water in large reusable containers, avoid single use ANYTHING 🙂
- Use cigarette butt bins ALWAYS, even in camp.
- Collect all of those little bits of clean plastic and stuff them into a plastic juice or water bottle, use a tent peg to compact and you will make a strong plastic brick that can be used in earthship building foundations and will save on space tremendously!! Its true look it up!
- Bring your own plate, bowl, mug, cup, cutlery and reusable straw and use these instead of single use items. You can take them to the food stalls too, even though the stalls use bio stuff you can still avoid these and reduce even more waste.
- Before you leave your camp spot PLEASE have your own little emu parade and pick up all of those tiny little things like ring pulls, string, pegs, sequins, feathers wink emoticon who knows it could be anything but what ever it is it doesn’t belong on the ground. Please take it home with you.
- Make sure you dispose of your rubbish responsibly on the way out of the festival. Take it home, to the nearest town or preferably to a recycling centre.
Mushroom Valley is located on a magical property between the Whitsundays and Mackay.
If you are flying to the area you have the choice of 2 airports. Mackay airport or Proserpine(whitsundays) airport, it is almost the same distance from both. We strongly recommend staying in airlie beach while your here and checking out the reef.There is a shuttle bus available from airlie to festival.
For those of you arriving the night before please stay at the local caravan park only 15 minutes from site.They are a lovely local family that are very friendly,they have powered sites as well as cabins http://www.sthelensgardens.com.au
For everyone who may be struggling to afford to go to the festival this year but really want to join the magic, we have a payment plan available for $25 bucks a week! You need to start it this week to ensure your ticket is paid in full by the festival date. We love you all and do not want to miss you at the festival.
Click here for ticket reservations.