26 Jul 2019 at 17:00 – 28 Jul 2019 at 19:00 UTC+10
Tropical Bloom is a celebration of art, culture and community. These three aspects form the foundation of the festival. The art comes in more visual and aural forms than you can imagine. The culture we construct is a blend of indigenous, tribal, traditional and new age values and ideals. Community is the glue that bonds it all together. Caring for ourselves, each other and the planet is the central creed for creating and sustaining the positive vibe that Tropical Bloom has become known for, each and every year.
The 2019 edition will feature a co-mingling of Maori culture and the ever-present Indigenous Australian Mobs. The music will cover a multitude of genres, both live and electronic, playing across two stages for the entire weekend. On top of this, Tropical Bloom features an awesome kids’ space and three workshop spaces dedicated to healing, culture, philosophy, and skill-sharing.
One of the things Tropical Bloom has become known for is its amazing kids’ space; with a huge shady playground and heaps of fun activities throughout the weekend, you definitely don’t want to leave the kids behind!
Full-weekend camping is included in the ticket price, and the location is spectacular; overlooking mountains, wetlands, and thousands of birds.
A market village will be trading all weekend, with the majority of stalls featuring hand-made clothing, accessories, and other creations.
This is one festival where there really is something for everyone, including YOU! Come and celebrate with us!
Adult (Ages 16+)
Early Bird: $120+ bf
1st round: $140+ bf
2nd round:$160+ bf
3rd round: $180+ bf
Gate price $220 (if available)
Vehicle pass: $20 (available online and at the gate)
Ages 0-15 FREE!
Indigenous Elders FREE!
While Tropical Bloom has its musical roots purely in electronic genres, the proverbial tree has now branched out to include live bands and an array of solo musicians. The Main stage will focus mainly on electronic dance music, with live music on the Friday night. The Tranquility stage will feature more downtempo styles of electronic music at night, and solo musicians during the day.
Main Stage run times
The site is situated on bank of the spectacular Hedlow creek, 20 kms from Yeppoon and 35 kms from Rockhampton. It overlooks stunning wetlands that are home to an abundance of bird species. If you’re up for an adventure, bring a kayak and go for paddle up the creek!
The weather is likely to be nice and warm during the day and a quite cold at night so make sure you come prepared with warm clothes, light clothes, blankets and a hat. The early morning fog is surreal and makes for a unique laser show!. Also, the sunsets are ridiculous!
Local Area Considerations
We need to show respect to the neighbours surrounding the festival site. Remember, we are coming into their community for the weekend so we need to be considerate. How to keep them happy:
- Drive slowly and safely- there is livestock on the road, as well as native animals and people riding horses etc. Also, we don’t want to create excessive dust near their houses.
- Don’t litter- We shouldn’t even need to say it, but there is no excuse for littering. Respect the neighbours and the planet.
- No trespassing- There is a lot of land out here, but it’s still private property. The festival site backs onto another private property, so please stay on our side of the fence!
Although we do have a competent licensed security team, in previous years we have been a pretty self-governing community- let’s keep it that way!
If we all follow a few simple guidelines, It will make life a lot easier…
- No dogs- anyone with a dog will not be granted entry. There are boarding kennels close by, so no excuses.
- No glass- cars may be searched by security on entry, and all glass will be confiscated.
- No anti-social behaviour- leave your ego at the gate!
- Leave no trace- clean up your campsite and take your rubbish with you
- No fires in the campground- there will be designated fires in the festival area
- Be considerate of your neighbours- don’t be noisy in the campground at night
- Wear your wristband at all times- if your wristband is damaged, exchange it at the gate BEFORE it comes off or you will be charged entry again
- For the sake of the environment, please don’t bring glowsticks, glitter, beanbags, single-use plastic water bottles (there will be drinking water onsite- BYO bottle)